Thank you for your interest in pursuing a job shadow/healthcare observer
experience at Frederick Health.
Frederick Health’s primary goal is to ensure patient safety and privacy;
because of this, we require the following application process:
Download the required job shadow/healthcare observer forms. That would include the Frederick Health Mentor Agreement the HIPAA Training
Observers/Vendors, the Non-Computer Access Version, the Under 18 Release,
and the Frederick Health Job Shadow/Healthcare Observer Tip Sheet. Please
review the information, which is necessary prior to your participation
in a job shadow at Frederick Health, to ensure that you are prepared to
apply for placement. Note particularly immunization requirements (TB and
Flu Shot required).
- If you are interested in shadowing an Frederick Healt Physician, CRNP or
PA or you would like to shadow in the Operating Room, you are responsible
for making this arrangement and completing the Mentor Agreement prior
to submitting your application.
- A job shadow is for one (1) eight (8) hour shift only (could be broken
into two (2) four (4) hour shifts).
- Paperwork for a job shadow must be in to Frederick Health at least one
(1) week prior to the date you want to shadow.
- Please understand that, depending on numerous factors, including patient
and student volumes, placement is not guaranteed. You will be notified
regarding the status of your application within one (1) to two (2) weeks
of submitting it.
- Job shadow/healthcare observations are not permitted in the Pediatrics
and Obstetrics units due to sensitive nature of cases.
- If you are seeking employment with Frederick Health, please complete our
online job application for the position you are interested in (at the
manager’s discretion a job shadow may be scheduled as part of the
PLEASE NOTE: Until further notice, our job shadow program is suspended.