Cancer Risk Assessment Program
Frederick Health Medical Group Oncology & Hematology has developed
a program to provide cancer risk assessment and genetic testing. This
service is available to any individual with a family history of cancer.
The majority of cancers occur later in life. However, some cancers occur
before the age of 50 and in one or more family members. These cancers
may have a hereditary cause. Your risk of having a hereditary cancer can
be identified through family history and genetic testing.
As part of our Cancer Risk Assessment Program, a plan is developed based
on your individualized risk. If you are found to be at increased risk
of developing a hereditary cancer, we will offer you strategies to lower
We have a team of professionals who are knowledgeable about hereditary
cancer and its physical, psychological, and financial implications. You
may want to have a cancer risk assessment if any one of the following
apply to you:
- You or a family member was diagnosed with cancer before the age of 50
- Two or more of your family members had the same or related cancer
- You or a family member have had more than one type of cancer
- You are of Eastern European or Jewish Ancestry with a family history of cancer
- You have a family history of any rare cancer
- You or a close relative is known to have a genetic mutation that can increase
the risk of cancer
If you are interested in being evaluated, please contact Frederick Health
Medical Group Oncology & Hematology at (301) 662-8477.