Cancer Risk Assessment Program
Oncology Care Consultants of the Frederick Memorial Hospital Regional Cancer
Therapy Center has developed a program to provide cancer risk assessment
and genetic testing. This service is available to any individual with
a family history of cancer.
The majority of cancers occur later in life. However, some cancers occur
before the age of 50 and in one or more family members. These cancers
may have a hereditary cause. Your risk of having a hereditary cancer can
be identified through family history and genetic testing.
As part of Oncology Care Consultants’ Cancer Risk Assessment Program,
a plan is developed based on your individualized risk. If you are found
to be at increased risk of developing a hereditary cancer, we will offer
you strategies to lower your risk.
We have a team of professionals who are knowledgeable about hereditary
cancer and its physical, psychological, and financial implications. You
may want to have a cancer risk assessment if any one of the following
apply to you:
- You or a family member was diagnosed with cancer before the age of 50
- Two or more of your family members had the same or related cancer
- You or a family member have had more than one type of cancer
- You are of Eastern European or Jewish Ancestry with a family history of cancer
- You have a family history of any rare cancer
- You or a close relative is known to have a genetic mutation that can increase
the risk of cancer
Appointments are available Monday through Thursday at our main location
at 501 West 7th Street. Appointments can also be scheduled at
The Women’s Center at Crestwood every Monday from 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
If you are interested in being evaluated, please contact Oncology Care
Consultants at (301) 662-8477.