Our experienced team of infusion experts are focused on you and your comfort.
A team of registered nurses, Certified Oncology Nurses, oncology trained
pharmacists, and support staff provides infusion therapy at the James
M Stockman Cancer Institute.
- Located at 1562 Opossumtown Pike, Frederick, MD 21702.
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Phone: 301-694-5580
- TDD: 240-566-3700
What to expect on your treatment day:
Infusion Therapy treatment takes place at the James M Stockman Cancer Institute.
Upon arrival, a member of our team will assist you with registration and check-in.
When it is time for treatment, one of our registered nurses will be able
to address and questions or concerns prior to treatment.
Please keep in mind that your treatment day may include some waiting or
unavoidable delays. We encourage you to bring along a book, laptop, or
tablet. You are also welcome to bring other items like handicrafts or
crossword puzzles. Please silence any electronic devices during your treatment.
Infusion Therapy Services:
- Actemra and Orencia
- ACTH Stimulation Test
- Antibiotic infusions - 1st dose treatment
- Blood Products - red blood cell, platelet, plasma, and albumin transfusions.
- Chemotherapy Administration - Consisting of current treatment protocols
as well as monoclonal antibodies administered intravenously and via injection.
- Zometa for bone mets.
- Crohn’s Disease- Remicade and Entyvio
- Dehydration and Hyperemesis- Hydration and IV fluids with or without supplements
and if applicable antiemetics
- DHE and Depakote
- Hypercalcemia Treatment
- Immunodeficiency of ITP - Immune Globulin (IVIG)
- Iron infusions
- Migraine Treatment
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Osteoporosis Treatment
- Reclast, Prolia, and Boniva
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Saline Challenge
- Tysabri and exacerbation management