X-ray exams are used to diagnose diseases and bone alignment within the
Fluoroscopy is a special application of x-ray that allows for real-time
imaging of the structures using a radiocontrast agent usually swallowed
or injected into the body.
Before your exam
- You may have a preparation for your exam – you will be informed of
this when you make your appointment.
- Dress comfortably- you may be given a gown or shorts to wear during your exam.
- Please note that for safety reasons unless your child is a patient, he
or she is not allowed in the X-ray exam room. Please make arrangements
for childcare as needed.
During your exam
- You may need to lie down on the x-ray table for your exam.
- Many of the these exams take very little time to perform.
- You may need to hold your breath for the exam. The breath hold will be
After your exam
- The technologist performing your exam will give you further directions
before you leave.
- Your exam will be interpreted by a board-certified radiologist and printed
results will be sent to your ordering physician.