Pulmonary Rehab Program
Our Pulmonary Rehabilitation combines medically monitored exercise with
behavioral and educational programs designed to help patients with COPD
(Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease) and other chronic lung diseases.
The primary goals of Pulmonary Rehabilitation are to help patients control
symptoms, improve their activities of daily living and restore their ability
to function independently.
What is involved in Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
- Exercise program customized to meet individual needs and limitations
- Education specific to your disease and educational needs
- Breathing retraining
- Energy conservation
- Stress management
Benefits of Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- Improved stamina
- Increased muscle strength and endurance
- Reduced respiratory symptoms such as dyspnea and fatigue
- Increased knowledge about lung disease and management
- Increased ability to perform tasks of daily living
- Increased quality of life
- Decreased depression and anxiety
Who Benefits from Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
- Recent Lung Surgery or Lung Transplant
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Other pulmonary conditions with disabling symptoms
About the Staff
Our registered nurses, degreed exercise physiologists and respiratory therapists
provide patients with optimal care and guidance in learning how to live
with their diseases and improving their quality of life.
Enrolling in Our Program
Talk to your physician about how Pulmonary Rehabilitation may help you. Call
240-566-3229 if you are interested in starting the program, want to schedule a tour,
or need more information. Most insurance companies cover Pulmonary Rehabilitation
services. We will verify your insurance prior to your enrollment to determine